Fully Trained K9 Companion Dog Program
• This program is perfect for someone who is looking for a very obedient companion that will live inside the house with your family. We will match you with a Belgian Malinois or Dutch Shepherd dog, train the dog to your specifications, and then teach you how to communicate with your new companion.
• You will need to show proof of your capability to not only handle a highly driven dog, but to have the time to prioritize to your new dog.
• Commands included in this program are as follows: Heel, Sit-Stay, Down-Stay, Sit and Down in motion (and from anywhere), Place (climb), & Recall.
• This program will get your companion ready for anything and everything you may encounter in daily life. Nail trims, baths, ear cleaning, wearing shoes/vests/collars, etc.
• You will be able to take your new companion into public with the dog being completely dog and people neutral, and good with children and other animals.
• You will have a fully stable sidekick to be your buddy after this program! If you love to exercise, be outdoors, and need a companion by your side- this is the program for you!
This program is intended for working dogs looking to take their foundation obedience to the next level.
· This program is designed to give you complete and reliable control of your stable working dog.
· A Remote E-Collar (Dogtra Brand) is optional and an additional cost onto the program price.
· This program focuses on engagement activities and working towards a goal of complete focus on the handler.
· Your dog will learn the following commands:
Loose leash walking,
Informal heeling with auto sit,
all of these commands will also be taught ‘in motion’, meaning if your dog is moving, or you are moving— he will stop where you ask to sit or lie down & wait for you to release him.
· During this program we will diversify obedience by introducing distractions to work toward a goal of neutrality. Your dog shouldn’t be reacting toward any outside stimulus after this program, and completely focused and engaged on you.
· This program uses treats/toys/paychecks to get your dog working, and other items that will activate your dogs natural drives. You will be instructed on how to continue using them after you pick up your dog. This program focuses on bond building exercises and play activities to enrich the relationship between dog and owner.
· This program includes field trips for your pup, and is perfect for the owner with a high-energy breed, looking for reliable control of their working dog. The recommended age of your dog to begin this program is 6 months or older.
· This program includes 2 days of private lessons, where the trainer will instruct you through proper leash handling and correct use of each command.
3-Day Private Lesson intensive for working dogs
3 Full Days of Lessons with your working dog and Alicia Scholet.
4 to 6 – 1 hour lessons per day with breaks.
You can join us for 3 full days of private lessons. We will be working 4-6 lessons per day, which is determined by how much you and your dog can handle.
This program is customized according to what you and your K9 need to cover. There isn’t a specific listing of obedience commands for this program, or specific behaviors that we will only cover. Whatever you and your dog need to work on - we will cover with you. Including but not limited to: basic obedience, advanced/off leash obedience, long line use, e -collar or prong introduction, bonding, engagement, reactivity, etc.
This program is only offered here in Homosassa FL at our ranch, but we will venture out into public with you and your dog if this is something that needs to be covered. We will not travel to you for the 3-day intensive. ( Please contact us for seminar costs if you need us to come to you).
To book this program, please schedule a free consultation.