· How to build a solid foundation with your dog by learning the fundamentals of focus & engagement
· Learning why building a foundation is important, and how it will help you transition to more advanced training techniques.
· The difference between reinforcement & bribes, and how this is detrimental to your journey in building engagement with your dog.
· Preference assessments and why choosing your dogs reward (paychecks) is important to your training.
· Understanding the basics of Operant Conditioning and how it pertains to training your dog.
Promoting Generalized Behavior Change: Making sure that your dog understands behaviors outside of their comfort zones, and inside a wide array of environments.
Learning engagement exercises & play exercises
• Understanding the importance of beginning obedience with the use of paychecks
• Getting through to dogs who may not have an interest in toys or food.
• How to train ‘loosely’ so that you can move from neutral training areas into distractions and toward the goal of ‘naked’ work without training tools or paychecks.
Encouraging a deeper bond with your dog through every day interactions.
Continuing training as a ‘story’, and not short training sentences.
Learning how to speak your dogs language.
Understanding Behavior change and why your dog may be exhibiting moments where he won’t listen to you.
In depth information about “oxytocin” and the vital role that hormone production plays in the relationship with your dog.
Seeing life from your dogs perspective.
Understanding how to decrease unwanted behaviors without breaking the bond.
A deeper look into the Four quadrants of Operant conditioning, and the difference of each quadrant.
Bridging the gap in communication with your dog.
Using an E-collar to enhance your off-leash goals.
How to properly use a Prong and E-collar without decreasing your bond with your dog.
Understanding the use of ‘Positive Punishment’ without encouraging stress in your dog.
Decreasing unwanted behaviors and how training tools can be used toward the process.
Understanding how to use these collars as training tools, and not becoming dependent on them. Encouraging removal of these collars to continue generalizing behaviors for lasting change.
Understanding how to integrate use of reinforcements alongside the use of an E-Collar and Prong collar.
How to help your dog rehabilitate from fears such as loud noises, thunderstorms, or general ‘anxieties’.
How to decrease unwanted behaviors without using fear or creating conflict or anxiety in your dog.
How to encourage bold confidence in your working dog or house pet — in any environment.
How and when to incorporate obedience into behavior training & the rehabilitation process.
Raising a fearless puppy.
Effective communication during fear-based body language.